Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program
Do you have questions about long term care insurance, Medicare supplemental (Medigap) insurance, hospital and physician bills or HMO’s?
Health Insurance Counseling from LOA can help eliminate frustration and help save your hard earned money. We can help you:
- Obtain information about benefits provided by Medicare A & B, Medicare Part D and Medicaid.
- Receive information on Medicaid’s Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) and Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) programs.
- Examine the 10 Medicare supplemental (Medigap Insurance) policies.
- Explore long-term care (nursing home) and home-health policies available in Virginia.
- Review medical bills to ensure that you are not over-paying or underpaying.
- Simplify the complex health plan options under Medicare Advantage (Part C).
- Provide up-to-date printed information about government benefits, lists of licensed insurance companies, and more.
Health Insurance Counseling is a free, confidential service for persons 60 and over, and their families.
Trained, objective volunteers answer your questions in person or over the phone at a time and place convenient to you. We do not represent insurance companies or medical providers.
Getting help is easy. Simply call LOA at (540) 345-0451 and ask to speak with a Health Insurance Counselor.
To volunteer to become a health insurance counselor, call 540-345-0451 or fill out our volunteer application form.