LOA partners with several other area agencies across Virginia and nationally to provide comprehensive information and resources to our clients, ensuring the best care possible. Our partners include:
- The National Association for Area Agencies on Aging – The N4A is a supporting agency for 670 Area Agencies on Aging in the United States. N4A advocates for the Older Americans Act, federal legislation and budgets affecting seniors. To contact N4A, call (202) 296-8130 or visit www.n4a.org.
- Eldercare Locator – The N4A administers a program call Eldercare Locator, which is a public service of the U.S Administration on Aging established in 1991. The service is a toll-free number for identifying the information and referral services provided by the local Area Agencies on Aging. For more information, call 1-800-677-1116. Their business hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-8:00pm.
- Virginia Association for Area Agencies on Aging (V4A) – The V4A was established in 1976 with the purpose of supporting Virginia’s twenty-five Area Agencies on Aging through advocacy, communication, education and training services. The V4A administers the State Ombudsman Program. To contact V4A, call (804) 644-2804.
- No Wrong Door – No Wrong Door is a person-centered system and statewide network of partners supporting older adults, caregivers, individuals with disabilities, veterans and their families. It uses secure technology to link providers together, collaboratively supporting individuals and families seeking long-term services and supports. There is literally no wrong door to access the resources you need. To contact No Wrong Door, call their hotline at (804) 662-9559.
- SeniorNavigator – SeniorNavigator provides free information about health, aging, disability and post-military resources available to Virginians. The information focuses on issues such as health, financial concerns, legal questions, health facilities, housing options, transportation, exercise programs, advocacy, and more. To contact SeniorNavigator, call (866) 393-0957 toll free.
- VirginiaNavigator – VirginiaNavigator, affiliated with SeniorNavigator, is a guide to disability, aging and veterans’ services in Virginia. To contact VirginiaNavigator, call (866) 393-0957 toll free.
- disAbilityNavigator – disAbilityNavigator, a VirginiaNavigator website, is the best way to find disability services in Virginia, including personal assistance, accessible housing, benefits and more. To contact disAbilityNavigator, call (866) 393-0957 toll free.
- Meals on Wheels America – Meals on Wheels America supports more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior isolation and hunger. The network serves virtually every community in America and delivers the nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks that enable America’s seniors to live nourished lives with independence and dignity. By providing funding, leadership, education, research and advocacy support, Meals on Wheels America empowers local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time.